‘Why Document Atrocity?’ | Video Contest | Free to Enter | Cash Prizes

Added to Calendar: 01-27-21

3Generations

3 Generations is hosting a video contest to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi concentration camps. The contest is free to enter and aimed at 18-30 year olds based in North America. We invite young artists of any kind to make a short video (4 mins max) which responds to one or all of these questions:

Why document atrocity? What does it mean to give testimony? What does it mean to bear witness? How do we learn from testimony and how do we ensure those lessons are never forgotten? What is the role of video and photographic testimony? Can art be considered testimony? What is the value of current and/or historic testimony today?

Submissions can take any shape: monologue, fiction, documentary, poem, animation, art film etc. Use whatever medium you feel comfortable with, as long as it is presented in video format. We are looking for work which considers the meaning and importance of recording atrocity, or which teaches new audiences about human rights abuses, currently occurring or historic.

There will be three cash prizes of $1000, one awarded to each of the three winning videos, and the selected videos will be made into a compilation and entered into film festivals across the United States.

You can find out more information about the competition at our Filmfreeway page here: 3 Generations Video Contest

I would be very grateful if you could pass on details of this competition to anyone who might be interested.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Either comment below, or email me at gccfs@3generations.org

Attachments

• 3G_VC_SQUARE GRAPHIC_NEW_2_BLUE.png
    3G_VC_SQUARE GRAPHIC_NEW_2_BLUE.png
    798.9 KB · Views: 155
Thank you for the announcement of this competition, as far as I know, witness testimony is information expressed in the oral answers of witnesses about the circumstances that are important for the consideration and resolution of the court case. The information provided by the witness is not evidence if he cannot indicate the source of his knowledge. I think you can learn more information about this from the posts on Twitter in which the authors talk about the law system in the modern world. I've seen quite a few posts on this topic there and almost always they are published by accounts with at least 88 thousand subscribers! I am sure this is because the owners of such accounts are often buy twitter followers to increase their number.

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back