Your suggestions on SD data recovery method would be appreciated.

Adam Finelli

I need to decide how to approach recovering a "corrupted" sound file. I video taped a speaker using a Sony HVR-Z7U and the video and audio came out fine through that camera. I was using a Zoom H4N to record sound coming from the Sennheiser EW-100 Wireless Mic and had a Sandisk 32 gb SDHC card in the Zoom H4N recorder. The sound file containing a "test" of the mic by the speaker came out fine: this clip is 1 minute and seven seconds long. The power point presentation the speaker gave was approximately an hour long. All clips from this SD card play on windows media player on a PC laptop. The one file that does not play causes the following messages to come up. On windows media player, the message is: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file," on Quicktime, the message is: "Error -208: an unknown error occurred (STE-006.wav)," and on the media player Audacity, the message is: "The File May be invalid or corrupted: C:/users/owner/desktop/ste-006.wav)."

Please reply with the name of a consumer program you believe would help me play or "recover," if that is the issue, this one file. I would be very appreciative of a hint.

Sincerely,

Adam

Hey…before trying any data recovery software, it’s always recommended to go for some easy manuals to recover data from SD card. One of the options to perform SD card recovery is using the Command prompt. For this, follow these steps:
  • Plug the memory card into the system
  • Next, go to Start menu and type ‘cmd’ in a search bar, and hit Enter
  • Then, right-click on ‘cmd.exe’ and then there you will get the command windows that allow you to recover data that are infected with a virus.
  • Type in ‘attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.*’, as for example, ‘attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:\*.*’.
In case this method won’t work then you can try any professionally recommended data recovery software. No matter whether the card is corrupted or not, data recovery software can easily fix and recover files through storage media effectively.

Network Sponsors

Back