XL-1s or wait

W

wymy

I am in college and looking to make serious independant films, I am only a freshman so have alot of time to go. I know that the canon Xl-1s is an outdated model but i really dont have much money to spend on a camera and that seems to the best bet at the time. My first question is if there is something else, possibly used that i could get for under 1600 bucks and would it be better to get the xl1 or xls. Is the difference between the two worth the 500 price difference. My other option would be to wait a few years, save the money and possibly buy a xl-2 or a more aadvanced camera. ANd does the 30 fps on the xl1 look much different from the 24fps on other cameras when looking for a "film look" thanks.

i'm also just starting out but i've decided to get the xl1 s because the xl1 s is versital camera and is professional grade even while being outdated. that seems worth it to me.

The XL1s seems to be pretty good, a friend of mine who is the ROP guy at one of the local hi-schools uses them and loves em.

TBS, do you have any sample shots?

Network Sponsors

Back