where can i buy props for a movie?

You generally rent props. Most of the studios have their own prop rental department . . . I know Universal does, as well as Warner.

I'd have to ask my art department friends for more places.

Kevin Zanit

Im looking for GUNS...... ummmm and other kind of props.... "BLINGED" out watches chains..... or is there not a place to get that?.?.?......

I need it for my movie

Last edited by a moderator:
Costume shops & dollar stores are a good place to look for things...
also...
check out a lot of the stores on yahoo's website...
like replicaweaponry and other similar things...

That's where I found my air-soft guns for the mistake I learned from... and the costume shop where I costumed "THE DUEL" provided me with those weapons... turned out perfectly.

I did a short film went in the WWII era which required the use of prop guns. My art department came brought in one of the guns they'd found and I was sure that it was a real, authentic, metal and wood rifle from even a foot away. The minute you touch it though, you realize it's completely rubber. They've got a lot of amazing, realistic, safe gun props out there to rent for film. The only downside is that that particular gun cost 300 bucks. Good stuff rarely comes cheap.

Im just gonna use Airsoft guns..... there cheap and you can get full metal rifles, pistols basically anything

Network Sponsors

Back