When it still gives you that rush...

G

ghostwalk

There are many times I think that I’m wasting my time.
Wasting time here in China, wasting my time with this job, that job.
Why don’t I do everyone a favour and just give up?

But I don’t . Why? Because if I believed that I wouldn’t get somewhere with music, then I would hang up my boots tomorrow.
I may still be wasting my time in China, especially with peoples attitudes here, but I look beyond them as they are of no importance. But I won’t stand in fear of anyone hear, mafia or whatever, and I’ll speak my mind no matter what.
If someone wants to bring that to my face then do it.
I don’t think people know what brave is here, well you just met it.
I fight for myself, look after myself. I even stood my ground in front of a guy who was locked up for murder, in his territory, alone, and earned his respect.
Not many people know that...

I look towards the bigger picture, the light that still draws me in, the reason after 13 years I am still not burnt out, still learning, beginning to write for film in an orchestral style.
As I listen to my stuff from over 10 years ago, it still sounds fresh, gives me a rush, makes the hair on my arms stand on end.

It’s like it’s not me, I didn’t make that, yet it sounds so good, ego aside.
That’s something I can’t give up, and never will, they believed in me in Detroit at Submerge, and I don’t want to let them down.

I hope you’ll stay with me on this journey, with pain and blood along the way, but twisted and broken I still fight on. Because it’s what I was put on this planet to do.

So hang on in there again, and I’ll bring you the fruits of my adventures here, in a world where music lacks thought, invention and passion. The blood and sweat have gone, replaced by viral marketing, demographics and target age groups.

Without art and innovation, with no RISK, there is no entertainment. People are very, VERY quick to forget that.

Till later. Stay strong

Paul Bishop
The Ghost That Walks

"Hip Hop Electro Tech visions from a white knight with a black heart"
http://www.theghostwalk.com
contact@theghostwalk.com
The Ghost Walks With You...

MSN jobs@theghostwalk.com

Network Sponsors

Back