What are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2023?

Maura N.

The Last Black Unicorn
Good morning, fellow filmmakers!

As 2022 is coming to an end, I have started thinking of the future and made a list of my New Year Resolutions for 2023.

What are your New Year’s Resolutions?

Here are mine:

1. Read at least one book every month.
I have seen many books on Student Filmmaker’s Bookstore ( https://studentfilmmakersstore.com/ ) and in 2023, I plan to read at least one book every month. I wish to learn more about the filmmaking process as I prepare to start working on a short film. Books are a great resource and you can learn a lot from the experience of others.

2. Volunteer

The best teacher is practice. In 2023, I plan to volunteer and help others working on their short films to gain more experience that will help me with my projects.

3. Write down one new thing that I have learned every week

I want to keep track of my learning process. I also want to motivate myself to learn something new every week. For this purpose, I will start to keep a physical notebook with every new thing that I have learned every week.

4. Start working on my short film

In 2023, I wish to start working on my short film. I am planning to work on this project for years, but the pandemic discouraged me. Fortunately, the pandemic has ended and now I can resume working on my project.

I also want to read more books in 2023! We have an online library at Uni and they have added many new books about filmmaking. If I could read at least a few of them, it would help me learn how to become a better filmmaker in the future!

In 2022, I had a problem dealing with burnout. In 2023, I will take more breaks and avoid overworking myself. It is important to work hard but it is also important to know when to take a break.

In 2022, I had a problem dealing with burnout. In 2023, I will take more breaks and avoid overworking myself. It is important to work hard but it is also important to know when to take a break.
You are right, you don't have to get everything done in one day. Self care is important :)

Network Sponsors

Back