What are your filmmaking goals for this year?

Maura N.

The Last Black Unicorn
School has just started and it is a great moment to set up the goals and objectives that you wish to achieve in the following year! Setting specific goals can help you make the most out of your education. For this reason, you should set three types of goals: personal goals, specific goals and goals focused on your growth as a person and as a professional.

I will provide three suggestions of goals that you can set, one for each category:

1. Personal: Find the balance between school and fun

Most students want to experience the "student life" and have fun. But you also need to focus on your studies and learning, because, after all, this is why you are going to school after all. Because of this, a good personal goal would be to find the balance between school and fun and look for ways to enjoy your student life while also learning and developing new skills.

2. Specific: Find a mentor

One of the greatest benefits that school provides you is access to experts and professionals. Find a teacher that vibes with you and ask him to guide you in your educational journey. He will help you improve your filmmaking skills in a shorter amount of time by passing down some of his knowledge to you.

3. Growth: Focus on learning more than you focus on your grades

Grades are important but what is more important are the skills that you develop during your time as a student. Try focusing on learning as much as you can and develop your skills because they will help you in your future career and in securing a better job. Try working as a volunteer in filmmaking projects that happen inside and outside of your school.

What goals have you set for this year?

Maura, I have troubles with all of the three goals you have mentioned and I am working on making it better.
This year, one of my goals is to not fall behind schedule with my assignments, stay focused and stay on track with everything. Last time, I was a bit overwhelmed by everything.

Sadly, I do not have any goal set until the end of the year. The past two years have postponed all my goals and I got demotivated. I am waiting to see what will happen with the global context and then, when I feel safe, I will set goals. Until then, all I can focus on is reading books and maybe attending a few online webinars that are less likely to get cancelled last minute.

Shortly, I am going to make several documentaries about drug addiction. I think they will cause a public outcry. Unfortunately, in my city, no one pays attention to this problem. Moreover, it became something like my homework. This month I'm graduating from Prague Film School. Btw, I also plan to start acting studies soon. I think that will be a good combination. In the future, I hope I will be able to achieve my goals. It

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back