Using Flash (.flv) files in FCP

punkin

I am currently away from my personal computer and so I do not have access to FCP. Could someone tell me whether or not it is possible to edit Flash (.flv) files in FCP?

If it is necessary to convert the .flv files, does anyone know of a quality, easy-to-use program that can do that?

Also, has anyone had much luck grabbing video files from places like youtube, google.video, ifilm, etc?

Currently I only know of archive.org as a website which makes the downloading of video readily accessible. Does anyone know of any other places???

Thanks!

As far as I know, you cannot edit flash files in FCP. You would have to convert them to some time of quicktime accessible file first.

I know one of my friends found a plugin for firefox that allows you to save flash files from places like youtube and google video to your hard drive, but I don't know if there is an OSX version of it.

turkeyjerky said:
As far as I know, you cannot edit flash files in FCP. You would have to convert them to some time of quicktime accessible file first.

I know one of my friends found a plugin for firefox that allows you to save flash files from places like youtube and google video to your hard drive, but I don't know if there is an OSX version of it.

yeah, i've had zero luck finding such a program that will work with OSX. one of the very few downfalls of having a Mac i suppose.

QT Pro and Compressor will both do the conversion. But Flash is such a low rez, super compressed codec, I'd personally never touch it to edit with.

FLV converter

FLV converter

No need to buy TubeSock - there are freeware FLV converters available on the net.

Last edited by a moderator:
QuickTime's latest update dropped support for Flash, but it doesn't matter because Adobe Flash CS3 Professional comes in a Mac edition. And now Flash Player supports H.264, you can do all that creation in FCP.

flv editor- free download

flv editor- free download

not only can edit flv video/movie with a few clicks, such as trim, crop, watermark, effet and merge multiple flv files into one, but also can convert the flv files to other video formats with superfast speed and high quality.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
TubeSock is very limited, and only if you're downloading stuff specifically from YouTube.

Look at "ffmpegX", and open source, freeware app that does a lot of cool conventions. It'll convert your stuff to NTSC-DV, which is what you want to edit with.

Network Sponsors

Back