Use of Music

S

student_1

Could someone tell me the reason behind using music in a film? What is the purpose of using music?

Music is an art that uses sounds and silences at intervals i

Music is an art that uses sounds and silences at intervals i

Music is an art that uses sounds and silences at intervals in time. It elicits emotional response.

Music in a film gets people involved in the story and relates the emotions of it. In the silent movie days the movies had music scores played by live musicians in the theater. Enhancing climaxes, characters, actions and connections of the story line with the use of sounds and silences is an art. Building anticipation for the big climax or the big let down. For example to make emphasis you might use a silence after intense orchestral sound to really make an emotional climax of an actors whispered words and then enhancing that climax by hitting it again with the orchestration it may be possible to take that residual feeling related from the viewers experiences in life and in music to a crescendo for an effective dramatic after statement.

Dynamic elements of sound and music, literature and painting are found in a good film. At least that is what I hear.

Truly
Kim

Thank you. I'm making my first film. Its very low budget and my brother composes music. so he's gonna help me out with it.
Ur help is really appreciated. Thank again

Network Sponsors

Back