Trouble importing from Photoshop 7.0 to Final Cut Pro 3

S

smbrost2001

Hi,
I have been working with .psd images.

When trying to import .psd files back into FCP, I
get an "Error: Out of Memory" message.

Any advice on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Smbrost2001@yahoo.com

I've imported .psd files before, and never saw that happen...
.psd files can get pretty large, how big of a .psd file are you trying to import, how many layers does it have?
I've imported simple 3 and 4 layer .psd files into Final Cut, and it would always just automatically send it directly into its' own timeline, but I'd imagine the more layers, the more problematic it will be for the system to process it, because it's like simultaneously streaming multiple layers of video, and if the file, which may already have great detail, has 20 extra layers, then that might be the culprit contributing to the loss of memory...?
Then again, I used FCP4 when I did mine, so it could be an interoperability bug between FCP3 and PS 7?
:?

My Photoshop image experience with FCP is much like Digi's...
I use FCP 4.5HD, and previously 4... I hadn't used photoshop with 3.0, as an opportunity hadn't presented itself...

It should work...
however, it is possible that you are low on RAM...?
how much RAM do you have?
How fast is your processor?
Hard Drive space?

That's all I can think of at the moment...

oh, also,
how big (in MB) is your .psd?

I'd have to agree. out of memory USUALLY means 1 of 2 things. Out of Ram or (more likely) out of space on the drive (or partition if you only have one hard drive) that you are storing your video data on.

Now I said usually because in the past I've seen programs that ran into a new problem and defaulted to some error message that had nothing to do with what the issue actually is. I dont think that FCP is like that but I'll be the first to admit that I dont know everything :D

Network Sponsors

Back