THEY'RE REMAKING WARRIORS...

D

Digigenic

Hey Mr. Laszlo,

Are you aware that Tony Scott is set to direct the upcoming remake of Warriors? Do you think they'll try to retain the same look and feel you gave the original?

I've heard talk about a remake of The Warriors. You might have info I don't have. Walter Hill, as of just a few weeks ago mentioned nothing about a remake. The Warriors is currently enjoying a revival. I have had several interviews and havew been invited to and attended special showings of the film.

I describe the making of The Warriors as well as several of my other films in detail in my books: Every Frame A Rembrandt and my new film book, It's a Wrap! My website, www.andrewlaszlo.com will give you full detail.

The Warriors was a very special film. It still is. If there is going to be a remake, I doubt it will have the same magic. Very few remakes have ever topped the impact or the achievements of the original.

My apoloigies for being so late with this reply.

Best,

Andrew Laszlo

Thanks for the reply Mr. Laszlo; I really do appreciate it.
Verification of the project is listed on IMDB.com. It is still based on Walter Hill, David Shaber's 1979 screenplay; Terence Winter's original screenplay, derived from Sol Yurick's novel.

Nobody has been named as DP/Cinematographer yet, I’m hoping they don’t overlook my application… :) Chances are we'll see either Paul Cameron and/or Dan Mindel's eye at work on this one, with some particularly advanced post processing via Digital Intermediate. I'm interested in seeing how extreme they’ll handle the stylization, and in doing so if they'll retain the original tone of the film.

No doubt this should be an interesting remake, but a remake none the less, and as you said Mr. Laszlo, remakes rarely capture the same magic as the original. I do think that this is a good time for the remake, since it holds a certain level of sacred symbolism with regard to America and the current state of things; America as a diverse rouge group on the run; against the odds, trying to pull through times of darkness and deceitfulness, only way of making it out alive is together, the theme of truth and unity is very strong in this film and at the very least let’s hope that they don’t forget that.
Thanks again for the response Mr. Laszlo, and thanks Wendell for the Fader Magazine tip, much appreciated 8)

it won't be as good

it won't be as good

The remake won't be as good as the first one. I have never seen a remake that was as good as the original.

Kim

I believe in reserving judgment until the art presents itself in physical form. When one questions the Hollywood inclination to remake classics, the questioning is soon silenced after one realizes they must question the audience, because when they see that it is an entirely different generation that it is being sold to, it makes perfect sense. Though, there will still be the nostalgic trip, I believe that the purpose of this film will be just as it was when the movie first came out, to entertain the youth.

Bottom line is; if it resonates as well with this generation as it did with the previous, then more power to us all. I just wish I could be a part of it now, I remember wanting to be a part of it as a kid, I feel like I owe something more to it.
I do wonder though, do you think the roller boy gang will have in-line skates now instead of the traditional 4 wheels :?: :lol:

Network Sponsors

Back