The 3D Wave

Kim Welch

Staff member
The word convergence took on a new level of significance and was rattled off by almost anyone that had anything to do with cameras, software or post production at NAB this year! We have a real live explosion of emerging 3D gadgetry. I feel this wave of advancing technology out did the HD revolution wave that hit a few years back exponentially in that it came on stronger and faster. The fast emerging 3D technology revolution is the Tsunami of the industry from pre-production to distribution. It is a rising tide of epic proportion. With an overwhelming plethora of new 3D production gear in the works and on the floor of NAB I was particularly impressed with one company because of their holistic approach to 3D, and I must have seen at least 100 versions of 3D Rigs. However, I only saw one fully integrated 3D camera on the floor that was operational, on pre-sale now, and that will be delivered in the next few months. That is the Panasonic 3D camera or AG-3DA1 with the little price tag of $21,000.00. Panasonic is supporting the needs of professionals with a line of products that take your 3D production from development to distribution. Good job guys. I am proud to have you as a sponsor.

Truly
Kim

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back