Succeeding in 3D animation

obsurvontone19

I am an artistic young student at a technical college in macon georgia.I want to know for any experienced animators, is this a hard field to acheive in.Would a 4 year program/degree help.Second is this question stupid?

Let me answer in reverse order

2. There are no stupid questions. Ever.

1. Succeeding in the field: A degree cant hurt. Will it help? That depends on who is deciding whether or not to give you a job. For the most part, studios dont care whether or not you have a degree. If you can take a Rock and animate it such that I (the audience) can tell what that rock is thinking or feeling then "Studio X" is going to consider you for a Job. Talent matters.

My advice: Practice your craft. Always. When you've done that, practice some more. get a Website, post your BEST work, enter contests, get exposure...

3d success

3d success

thank you for the advice.I'm registering with the art institue of atlanta.I feel like an extra 4 yrs of service could increase my skills being that that is what companies respect a lot too.

3D animation questions

3D animation questions

Instead of going to school for animation, I was just going to save up and buy a set of decent 3d animation software (like Maya or Houdini) and just master the craft from my home computer. However, my inexperience leads to severals concerns:

1) Will my home computer be able to handle state-of-the-art 3d animation software? (Intel pentium 4, 2.0 Ghz, 256MB ram)

2) After obtaining the rendering and animation software, is there anything else I need (besides the computer) to successfully create 3d animation shorts?

Get more RAM. I used to run Lightwave 7.0 on a PIII-550, but it had 768MB of RAM (and still ran out at times!).

Network Sponsors

Back