Streamlining the Broadcast Workflow

glossom

Hi everyone,

I just came across an interesting topic related with Streamlining the Broadcast Workflow having visited a page about an IBC (International Broadcast Conference) which will be held in Amsterdam for 5 days this September, the page is this one: https://www.blackbox.co.uk/gb-gb/page/34251/Resources/News-and-Events/Events/Visit-Black-Box-at-IBC/

I found out that there's this type of signal extension technology called KVM (Keyboard Video Mouse) Extension which might benefit Prost Production in the sense of streamlining editing process.
Among my findings I noticed that this KVM extension/ switching technology allows to extend and route the peripheral signals of a computer across multiple distances. A basic search across the web brings up these as the main benefits applied to broadcast and post production:

- Streamline our workflows, we are now able to have multiple positions in each edit suite
-Facilitate end content acquisition and playout through efficient management and distribution of A/V and peripheral signals at all stages of the broadcast workflow
-Point-to-point extension to mirror/duplicate source connections to multiple suites allowing collaborative rather than silo based workflows across large productions

Would like to know your thoughts on this, have you used KVM to streamline your post production process efficiency?

Thanks!

Miguel Afonso

Hey Miguel - In a very simple capacity (which is quite different from what I believe you're looking for), KVM streamlines my own edit flow in my one-horse edit suite by simply allowing me to use one set of controls for the several boxes I've got in here. Saves deskspace, monitor space, speaker space, etc. I'm using a simple 2-port DVI KVM with max resolution of 2560x1600.

Network Sponsors

Back