Storyboards

trevorsgal

Hi, I'm storyboarding my first film. Any software out there used for storyboarding? I'm pretty good at drawing and was going to hand draw my shots, then scan them into my computer.
I thought there might be an easier way. I appreciate any suggestions or comments. Thanks greatly!

Umm the storyboard programs I know of are 3D.... so it still requires just as much work as drawing them. The advantage, on the otherhand, is that your able to play out your scenes in 3D to see what it will look like on film... BUT trust me its faster to draw them... Best thing you can do is make your self nice looking Storyboard templates... so atleast you'll be organized.

So Good luck, HOPE to see some of your work soon!

fast sketch

fast sketch

it seems to be that there are limits to software but that it might be a big help for someone that can't draw at all i guess. there are not limits to the pencil. It seems like you take away the opportunity for some creativety when you limit yourself to using only software for your story boards.

Hi, I'm storyboarding my first film. Any software out there used for storyboarding? I'm pretty good at drawing and was going to hand draw my shots, then scan them into my computer.
I thought there might be an easier way. I appreciate any suggestions or comments. Thanks greatly!
Check out Storyboard by Toon Boom. Not Storyboard Pro, but the less expensive one, unless you need animatics. They just permanently lowered the price on it. I use it and really like it.

Network Sponsors

Back