South Louisiana Final Cut Pro Users Group 1st Meeting!

B

BenB

The South Louisiana Final Cut Pro Users Group is, at long last, having it's very first meeting this month!

As some of you know, due to family tragedy and lingering property issues from Katrina, I was forced to put this project on hold for a very long time. But we survived and it's come to fruition! All the Final Cut Suite users that are multiplying all over the state finally will have a local resource!

Although we are a FCP users group, we will cover all of Apple's Pro apps in Final Cut Suite, Aperture, and third party related issues. Also keep in mind that this will be a dues-free, volunteer group. So if you sincerely want to help out, please contact me, there's always things to get done.

I am also in process of getting us registered with Apple as an official User Group.

I'm looking for vendors to donate prizes and to do demos for the group. This will be an on-going process, so if you want to donate, demo, or otherwise support SLFCPUG, please get in touch with me. I can work things out for out of state vendors, also.

I'm also looking for someone to do our web site, we have a Domain name, slfcpug.org!

Yes, door prizes. We will try as best as we can to do a door prize at every meeting. There will be some refreshments, and a projector and screen for demos and to show off your work.

For now we will meet the last Wednesday of every month, with alternative dates to avoid collisions with holidays.

March 28, 2007
6:00pm - 8:45pm
Louisiana Technical College
5200 Blair Drive
Metairie, LA. 70001
(It's pure coincidence the college shares a parking lot with a major Anheuser-Bush distribution center.)

Contact me for additional information.

I'll have on hand at this meeting the DVtec DV Multi Rig Pro, CineSaddle, MiniSaddle, along with a Panasonic HVX200 and an FS-100. We'll try to have some piece of hardware on display at each meeting. Again, if you're a vendor and want you stuff to have a demo at one of our meetings, you only have to contact me and we'll work it out.

There are now way more FCP users in our area than ever before, by far! As my Indian predecessors would say, we're going to "make a noise the world will hear"!

Network Sponsors

Back