SLC PUNK

Kim Welch

Staff member
I just watched SLC PUNK an " Official Selection 1999 Sundance Film Festival" Film about two salt Lake City Punks in the mid 80s. I give it a thumbs up. I related to the whole search for the meaning of life thing this guy with blue hair is going through and I even related to the conclusion. I don't want to spoil it and give away to much but I will say that it is certainly more than just sex drugs and rock and roll. I related to both the main characters.

Truly
Kim

Yes, SLCP is without a doubt one of the best.
Definitely a true balls to the wall indie.
Very well cast, great style and cinematography (reminicent of some of Andrzej Sekula's lighting techniques in Hackers), the story was great, it carried a definitively raw feeling, real energy, in large part due to the great performances.
Matthew Lillard gave one hell of a performance, when he finds heroine Bob (Michael A. Goorijan) in the morning...jesus...I don't think I could have been anywhere on the set without a box of kleenex when that scene took place.
Annabeth Gish made a rare appearance for her small role as Trish, she's a great actress deserving of more attention. Devon Sawa was wickedly good, Til Schweiger was fantastic, and so many others who did an outstanding job. Highly recommended.

You know, I remember loving this movie, but it's been so long since I've seen it that I just can't comment on it.

I'll have to rent it again.

Network Sponsors

Back