Strong message, sad ending and I am impressed by the scene where she is freezing in the cold

Strong message, sad ending and I am impressed by the scene where she is freezing in the cold
Thanks Maura, and we finished capture just as NYC locked down! Lucky...I'll always wonder if the cold we got was The Covid...plenty of post work for 24/7 inside the ole apartment next three months!

Thanks Maura, and we finished capture just as NYC locked down! Lucky...I'll always wonder if the cold we got was The Covid...plenty of post work for 24/7 inside the ole apartment next three months!
As long as you are healthy now, it does not matter what kind of cold you got. :)

In what contest did you enter this movie? It presents the reality in such a realistic way....and the director did a good job as well, all the shots are well executed

Thanks. It won "Best No Budget Short" a small festival in Florida called FLOW Festival and was selected for Lake Placid Film Festival.
Congratulations! :D

This is a great short! I really like the lens blur it adds to the hazed demeanour of the characters in the beginning. Personally, the lone tom sounds remind me of Ghost in the shell but prob just me. I think it works really well though as sonic cue for the scene change. Congratulations on the win, well deserved! Best J

This is a great short! I really like the lens blur it adds to the hazed demeanour of the characters in the beginning. Personally, the lone tom sounds remind me of Ghost in the shell but prob just me. I think it works really well though as sonic cue for the scene change. Congratulations on the win, well deserved! Best J
Thanks Johan...the tympani hits are a rhythmic motive from Richard Strauss's tone poem Death and Transfiguration (1889) symbolizing the heartbeat of the dying person, and as the motive is referencing the piece it also represents what in Strauss's work seems a Christian notion of ultimate salvation, but here it could be Abigail isn't involved in some promising vision of the soon-to-be wonderful afterlife, but just another fantasy like her fitful reflections of her happier past---or was she actually a popular star before her fall? I keep the questions open. The ambiguity of the question is kind of the goal of the short!

Network Sponsors

Back