Script needed for senior project

srigby

I will be starting my senior year of film school this fall. When I return to school I will have to turn in a script for my senior film project. My areas of interest lie mostly in production and post-production. Therefore screenwriting is not my forté. However I am required to provide my own script for this project. I am looking for either a turnkey script or some assistance in coming up with an idea/story.

Target runtime is 5-15 minutes. I can either shoot on Color 16MM film, or HD Digital.

I will have to quickly finish pre-production when I return to school, and then begin filming, needing to be finished by late November.

All camera/lighting/sound equipment is provided by the school, however, all other production costs are covered by me, out of pocket. Being a student, funds are low.

I would like to keep the number of actors limited, less than 5 being ideal. My main talent pool is a liberal arts university, including members of the drama department (even though they don't make the best screen actors).

As far of my areas of interest go, I like action, suspense, romance, and comedy. The main genre I would like to shoot for is comedy. I know it's difficult, so I'm open to other genres.

The only two ideas I've had that seem like they could work are "The Inconvenience Store", or a story related to time travel culture shock (past to future).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Network Sponsors

Back