Question about what equipment to use!

Taraxacum

Hi!
Can anyone tell me what equipment I need/can use if I'm going to set up (a) camera(s) for filming (and collecting all the data) for several days at the time? Preferably something that is fairly kind to my wallet, and still gives a pretty good quality of film? (I'm completely new at all this, so feel free to talk to me like I'm three years old.. :) )
Thank you! :)

Last edited:
What do you mean collecting all the data? Set up where?

Hi Kim!
Thank you so much for your response. I mean to set up a camera in a barn, with animals and film them 24/7 for weeks, but as far as I know no normal camera equipment or memory card is big enough to collect/keep so much data in one go (or just a few goes, as I don't want to miss any, potentially interesting moments because a memory card is full. :)

It should not be to hard to record to hard drives. It could be expensive depending on how many days you want to shoot. What is your end goal?

I was hoping to make a fun movie about their lives, show their personalities and what goes on with them. I realise it's going to be A LOT of editing to do that, and make it interesting, but that was the plan anyway.
Once again. Thank you so much for your advice! :)

It might be better to try and get them at the times they are doing interesting things. Do you know their habits or times and things they do that you want to capture? You might also try motion detection to activated cameras. This way you would only get footage when they were up and in front of the cameras.

Last edited:
Yes, I know them very well, and most of their habits as I am their caretaker aswell, and I spend quite a bit of time with them every day. Maybe motion cameras would be a good idea. Thank you. :)

Network Sponsors

Back