question about stunt people

jodymichelle

Staff member
Briefly pondering several movies that I've watched recently, as well as actors who have talked in television and magazine interviews about how they do all of their own stunts, although they have stunt people who do most or most likely all the work, breaking their necks, landing on their heads, and shattering their knee caps without getting all of the credit or PR, are there contracts that stunt people have to sign that specifically say that they are not allowed to talk about the stunts they do for certain movies and television series? I'm just wondering because I rarely see interviews or articles with or about specific stunt people who I like to look for.

Stunt performers all have to sign a work contract for the duration of the film, but any contract about the stunts themselves and the actor doing it are purely done between the stunt performer and the actor. a long time ago when studio's rules supreme then usually the producers would hype the actors for publicity even to Offering large amounts of money if the stunt man who covered them would come forward(never did) but they had usually been paid such a fee, in advance, to keep quite. Harold lloyd was pretty much doubled all his working life, but it wasn't until after his death that stunt proffesionals came forward with the contracts to prove their statments :D

Network Sponsors

Back