question about prostethic make-up

• Thread starter ChrisEsperProductions
  • Start date
C

ChrisEsperProductions

Hi, I'm new to this site, and new to the idea of making prostethic make-up. My question is, why do some make-up artist make pieces of a face/mask, rather than an actual mask?

We do both but most of th time the make up dosen't reqire the whole face only small sections. and a pull over mask looks fake because the moth dosen't move realisticly but is your charactors face isn't suppost to move then by all means go with a mask like friday the 13th, and halloween.

It all depends on the character, the time involved in the makeup and what you're trying to accomplish. You CAN use full masks for character makeup. Silicone is one material that allows you to do that. It looks pretty good, but separate prosthetic pieces allow better movement and looks more realistic. It also takes much longer to apply. There are pros and cons to each.
I make silicone gel filled appliances (GFA) when I want something to look and feel like real skin. I'm developing some GFA's prosthetics to put up on my website within the next few weeks and you can check that out to see what I'm talking about if you want. I go with prosthetic pieces 99% of the time.

Bob

Network Sponsors

Back