Question about inheritance

riyad khoury

Hello

I need information about inheritance in America about a movie I write.

Now a man is married to a woman, and this woman has nephews.
When the woman dies, will the inheritance go to the husband only, or will her nephews have a share as well?

Depends on the state they are in, and if there is a will.
In a community property state husband and wife share ownership of everything except stuff they inherit, so he already owns all her other stuff and the will says where the rest goes, or a judge if there is no will.
In other states, it's a will or a court fight when someone dies. Thee is no automatic inheritance.

Depends on the state they are in, and if there is a will.
In a community property state husband and wife share ownership of everything except stuff they inherit, so he already owns all her other stuff and the will says where the rest goes, or a judge if there is no will. omegle
In other states, it's a will or a court fight when someone dies. Thee is no automatic inheritance.
When the woman dies, will the inheritance go to the husband only

Last edited:
Gecko is right I am sure. It depends on the state you live in. In the USA the states of a lot of authority over there own governorship including laws pertaining to property rights and inheritance.

Again, under Community Property Laws, a Husband and Wife own equal shares of EVERYTHING either one of them buys while married so when one dies there is no inheritance, just one owner instead of two.
Years ago, I owned 50% of a condo with my mom and dad owning the other 50%. When my dad died, my mother still owned that 50%. All we had to do was show a death certificate to get my father's name off the property deed. No inheritance-- therefore no inheritance tax.

Network Sponsors

Back