Professional composer

jplu7139

Hi Guys,

My name is Julia, I'm a professional composer. I've been commission music for ads, short films, radio and corporate events. For my latest creation visit http://www.jamesboagspure.com.au/

I run a home studio and record, mix and produce all my own tracks. For more info see my bio below. If you'd like to get in contact my email is: juliacomposer@gmail.com.

If you need a composer for project, please don't hestiate to contact me. I respond quickly. Look forward to hearing from you! Good luck with your projects!

Julia

Julia has completed a composition degree (B.mus) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. Teachers have included Anne Boyd, Michael Smetanin, Damien Ricketson, Anna Pimakhova and Mary Finsterer. During the course of her studies, Julia has received various composition prizes and scholarships including the Dorris Burnett Ford Scholarship, and John Antill Composition Scholarship for her Requiem and the Ignaz Friedman Prize for her ‘Piano sonata No.1’ written when she was just 17 years of age. In 2006 Julia was the first composer to be awarded ‘Best original film score’ at the Sydney Film schools screening/awards night for her work on the film ‘I am the Balloon’. In 2009 Julia was again awarded 'Best original film score' at the Sydney Film school screening/awards night for her work on the films 'Permanence' and 'Fade away'. Julia was recently awarded the Listener’s choice award for the ABC Orpheus Remix awards for her composition ‘Death is only the beginning’ earning a commission for another musico-dramatic work for ABC radio. In 2009, Julia was chosen to write music for the new James Boags Beer promo video. In 2010 Julia wrote the music for the new Cormack Packagingin commerical. Julia is currently partnered with Nicholas Gentile to write Cheryl Sawyer's epic book "LA CREOLE" into a stage musical. Julia's music will be featured later this year in a demonstration for the Sydney Royal Easter Show.

Network Sponsors

Back