Production has wrapped on Land Uncharted!

As some of you may know, I have been working on an epic Sci Fi fantasy adventure film about explorers who find a hidden prehistoric world in the Arctic. Filmed in Oregon, this project is my way of expressing love for the lost world adventure genre.
After several months we’ve shot all the major live action footage with the main actors. What remains is plenty of SFX work that I am excited to dive into. For me personally this film has been so fun to bring to life.
Below you can see on set/location photos, as well as some in-progress practical FX puppet fabrication done by the brilliant Richard Svensson, also known as ‘The Lone Animator’ or ‘bluworm’ on YouTube.
I’d be happy to answer anyone’s questions in the comments… :)
(You can spot me in one of the photos going over the script with a crew member (my father, a reluctant but important collaborator on this production).

—Cade

Attachments

• E0AAB3E4-B856-45ED-AB43-73A384EEC6CB.jpeg
    E0AAB3E4-B856-45ED-AB43-73A384EEC6CB.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 3840822D-2D5E-4B80-AECD-8A6D90775043.jpeg
    3840822D-2D5E-4B80-AECD-8A6D90775043.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 3DE87068-DFBA-408E-A8EF-9EE116043FC7.jpeg
    3DE87068-DFBA-408E-A8EF-9EE116043FC7.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 106
  • E3CF6629-9C78-47D5-82B4-836580A2A516.jpeg
    E3CF6629-9C78-47D5-82B4-836580A2A516.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 401BD89A-A25F-4834-B6F1-9862A7F107EC.jpeg
    401BD89A-A25F-4834-B6F1-9862A7F107EC.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 109
That is a really big green screen! :D It is the same green screen that you used before? Or did you get a bigger one?

That is a really big green screen! :D It is the same green screen that you used before? Or did you get a bigger one?
It’s the same one, I actually have one for the wall and one for the floor—the wall screen is 10’ x 24’! The script I wrote required many remote/fantastical locations, so the green screen has been our best friend. Check out our movie on The Movie Database (TMDB, not IMDB). Nice to hear from you Maura :)

Last edited:
I was talking about your project with a co-worker yesterday and now I logged in to check what's new on the forums and I stumble upon your post. Cool stuff you've got here! How far are you with filming the story?

I was talking about your project with a co-worker yesterday and now I logged in to check what's new on the forums and I stumble upon your post. Cool stuff you've got here! How far are you with filming the story?
Many thanks for spreading the word! We’ve filmed all the live action footage with the actors (locations and green screen). Now comes the special effects, which will be plentiful in this movie—expect creatures galore! A great deal of the editing has also been done. Keep looking to the forum for periodic updates on our little fantasy adventure!

The Dinosaurs are back! I would watch a tutorial on how props were made if you would ever film one. Or maybe a behind the scene short film.
That is very kind thank you! Unfortunately as this is my first big production I chose not to shoot behind the scenes footage, but I’d be happy to answer any questions about how the props were made. My filmmaking style is very indie, so a great many of the weapons were purchased from Spirit Halloween and the local Dollar Tree.

Additionally, Richard Svensson mentioned that he filmed some footage of himself putting together one of the stop motion monsters, so I’ll definitely release that when/if I get it. Check this forum for updates and tell your friends about Land Uncharted!

I was about to say the same thing as Emily did. I understand this is your first big production and I am confident you are learning so much from this project you are working so hard on. Maybe on your next big production you could shoot BTS videos as well. You are doing a great job until now, judging from the stills you have provided and, as always, I am happy to follow the progress!

I was about to say the same thing as Emily did. I understand this is your first big production and I am confident you are learning so much from this project you are working so hard on. Maybe on your next big production you could shoot BTS videos as well. You are doing a great job until now, judging from the stills you have provided and, as always, I am happy to follow the progress!
I will certainly remember to do that on my next project—which is actually going to be a feature length stop motion Sci Fi adventure film, based on an original concept I had. It’ll be rather Laika-esque.

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back