Premire Pro Film Effects - For Film Noir-esque Movie

T

Theory Inc

Hi,

Im looking to achieve a disired effect on premire pro. I want to make the video I upload (Mini DV) look a little grainy as well as a dark black and white like the those old 1940s film noir movies. If anyone has any idea how to achieve that it would be greatly appreciated.

Kurtis

Have you looked at Magic Bullet for Editors?

There are some nice presets to save you some time in there...

Is the footage shot already? If not, there are things you can do while shooting to help you get there as well.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back so soon. Uhm, no we are not starting production in another few weeks. What are the techniques that you suggest? And I'll also take a look into that magic bullet editor.

Kurtis

Well...rather than just say "do this"...

What attributes do you notice in those films? Highlights? Blacks? Details? Key light? Back light?

What looks dramatic? What ideas are communicated with various lighting and contrast ratios?

I did a piece like this, check out my film "Lady in Red" on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqP4rpSzRhk
To do this, the best methods are the "black and white" effect under image control I think, and "brightness and contrast" under adjustments. Changing the brightness and adding contrast can make some cool looking shots, especially with shadows and such. My film was based off of the Sin City style, but I think the effects worked out well.
-Daniel

Network Sponsors

Back