Permits? What to do?

S

spy132

Hello! I am embarking on my first ever feature length movie. I will be filming in Chicago. Problem is I know nothing about film permits, or how to get actors. Should I use actors who live in Chicago? (I do not live in Chicago.) Do I have to have block off sidewalks from people who don't want to be in the movie? IF so how. Are there any tips i should be aware of?
Patrick

First thing you should do is go to the Illinois Film Commission and the Chicago Film Commission. There are people there that will be able to help you with all of your questions, and they also know the administrative stuff backwards and forewards (permits). I also would not be surprised if they had a database of agencies, casting directors, and actors in the Chicago area that you could contact. Always, always, always check in with the state's or city's film commissions. They are an invaluable resource, especially for low-budget/indie in the pre-production stage.

The film office here is known for really being a helping hand and reaching out to filmmakers, or so I've heard. I'm in the area so if it pans out, let me know. :D

Network Sponsors

Back