P.E.S.D. - A Veteran's Flight (Short about BASE Jumping as therapy for PTSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nblasing

Hello,
Recently, I made a video for the MyRodeReel competition: "P.E.S.D. - A Veteran's Flight" and also a "Behind the Scenes" film about the same.

Note: PESD is not a misspelling. It is a fictitious term relating to a form species dysphoria with pelicans where person thinks he's a bird as a result of a traumatic event. There is some humor intended here.

The film is a story many of us may be able to relate to. It is a story similar to my own, because when I returned form flying in combat in Iraq, I had difficulty communicating and most of the therapies and medications came up short and some made things much worse.

This is my first time making a narrative film rather than documentaries, filming live performances, or events I'm used to. I'd hoped to tell as close to a true and complete story as possible in 3 minutes. All this said, if anyone would be willing to offer up some constructive criticism it would be a great help.

The films are only three minutes long and you can check them out at the competition's website:

http://www.rode.com/myrodereel/watch/entry/1074

If you like the film, please vote for it and pass it on to others. If you don't, or if you have suggestions for me to consider for future work, please send me a private message and share your thoughts.

Be well,
N. Bläsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back