Nicolife: Episode 3 | Epic dance routine & chase scene!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolai Travis

The independent comedy web series Nicolife continues! Here’s Episode 3, which is a real fun one that includes an extended dance routine, three thugs at a shady laundromat and a chase scene inspired by Point Break. :D

With this episode we really had to step up our game. The shoot required many different locations and an ever-growing team of cast and crew members. I hope to share some behind the scenes pics and stories in posts below.

Here are some stills from the episode:

dcUf23.jpg

272ugf.jpg

Kg9bZT.jpg

QkVHvU.jpg

The web series Nicolife tells the story of Nicolai and Phil, two attention-starved nobodies who desire fame and fortune above anything else. Unfortunately, their social ineptitude lead them down a path of immense tragedy and untimely death. The show is a satirical look at the egocentrism of our YouTube generation.

The episode was directed and written by Robin Nyström. It was produced on location in San Luis Obispo, California on a zero-budget. The project was originally conceived by Robin Nyström, Jason Kaiser and Hartley Comfort — three friends with full-time jobs who produced the episodes over the course of three years.

You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter or on our website — or just post questions/feedback/comments down below and I’ll respond here on Student Filmmakers.

Related:
Nicolife: Episode 1 | A dark comedy web series
Nicolife: Episode 2 | Oatmeal Memories

This episode required a lot more planning since we had to involve a larger cast and crew due to a more demanding script. We received permission to shoot in a local yoga studio (which became a dance studio in the show) and at a laundromat.

The entire crew consisted of friends and family members who were willing to put in a few 10-hour days to finalize production. We had a blast, but it was definitely grueling work at times. Check out the behind the scenes pictures below and let me know if you have any questions!

UJf2Ky.jpg

DGNtPt.jpg

MSBvDx.jpg

lEWfty.jpg

Ka8E4a.jpg

Get a quick glimpse of what it was like to shoot this episode of Nicolife in our behind the scenes clip. It’s pretty short, but it will give you a taste of what it was like on set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back