New Film Trailer “Sullivan Creek Sasquatch”

Brian

Hey all,
I’ve been working on a documentary film all last year and am in the final stages in the editing process. I made an Official Trailer for it:

Please take a look and give me some feedback. I really would appreciate any comments by fellow students of filmmaking.
The film will be done and available to watch by May 2021.

Thank you.

How long will the documentary be? :) The trailer looks good. You could make it a bit shorter to one minute to let people want to find out more, to make them wish to see the documentary more. :) Sometimes, less is more :D

How long will the documentary be? :) The trailer looks good. You could make it a bit shorter to one minute to let people want to find out more, to make them wish to see the documentary more. :) Sometimes, less is more :D
The documentary is 90 minutes. Thank you for the feedback. The trailer was 2 min 30 seconds, but I cut it down. I searched for a standard trailer length and I saw many trailers on YouTube longer than that. Is there a “standard” for the film industry?

The documentary is 90 minutes. Thank you for the feedback. The trailer was 2 min 30 seconds, but I cut it down. I searched for a standard trailer length and I saw many trailers on YouTube longer than that. Is there a “standard” for the film industry?
It depends where you wish to advertise your trailer to. For social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, it is 1 minute. For YouTube and other places, this is an average duration chart that might help you:

1613323296852.png

Oh my gosh! This is awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you Maura B. I will use it, and make a shorter version for social media. I'm so glad I posted on this forum for feedback.

Oh my gosh! This is awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you Maura B. I will use it, and make a shorter version for social media. I'm so glad I posted on this forum for feedback.
You are most welcomed! :) Don't forget to use relevant hashtags to your documentary. For most exposure, you can post "making of" short 30 seconds videos from "behind the scenes" :)

Network Sponsors

Back