New Documentary in Production

Kevster

Good morning and Happy New Year to all my filmmaker friends and family! I am working on a documentary that is going to be historical, in a sense. I am going to need some assistance with treatment writing, funding and overall direction and guidance. This is going to be a great film, not to give too much away. There is a very successful and well known filmmaker who is writing/filming one half of the story and I've secured the rights and permissions for the OTHER side of the story! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Please forgive me if I don't leak out any of the idea or concept, as I have had too, too many ideas stolen from me over the years: The Corner (HBO) was an idea that I wrote a poem about, which was later turned into a series; The Mannequin, was a student film that I shot in New York Film Academy in 1980, which was later turned into a Levi's Jeans commercial, so I hope you see my point. Thanks for understanding, stay blessed and stay safe! Any and all help will be greatly appreciated with the understanding that an NDA must be agreed to be signed beforehand. Be well...

Good morning and Happy New Year to you as well, @Kevster ! Even though it is extremely hard to provide advice without any context, it is understandable why you do not wish to publicly talk about it. Without giving away too many details, what is the deadline of your project? Also, what is the size of the crew that will be involved? Will it be a documentary focused on an event, or on a person?

Even though I cannot help you with much, I can talk about online funding.

There are many platforms that support online funding these days. The most popular platforms are: Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Patreon and GoFundMe, out of which Indiegogo is usually the choice for global worldwide funding. You will need help with the funding process, because you will need a lot of exposure in order to raise funds.

I hope this information helps you and I am looking forward to hear more about your project, once it has been released and you no longer need to keep the secret!

Good morning and Happy New Year to you as well, @Kevster ! Even though it is extremely hard to provide advice without any context, it is understandable why you do not wish to publicly talk about it. Without giving away too many details, what is the deadline of your project? Also, what is the size of the crew that will be involved? Will it be a documentary focused on an event, or on a person?

There are many platforms that support online funding these days. The most popular platforms are: Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Patreon and GoFundMe, out of which Indiegogo is usually the choice for global worldwide funding. You will need help with the funding process, because you will need a lot of exposure in order to raise funds.

I hope this information helps you and I am looking forward to hear more about your project, once it has been released and you no longer need to keep the secret!
Thank you! It is focused on both a person and an event.

Good morning and Happy New Year to all my filmmaker friends and family! I am working on a documentary that is going to be historical, in a sense. I am going to need some assistance with treatment writing, funding and overall direction and guidance. This is going to be a great film, not to give too much away. There is a very successful and well known filmmaker who is writing/filming one half of the story and I've secured the rights and permissions for the OTHER side of the story! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Please forgive me if I don't leak out any of the idea or concept, as I have had too, too many ideas stolen from me over the years: The Corner (HBO) was an idea that I wrote a poem about, which was later turned into a series; The Mannequin, was a student film that I shot in New York Film Academy in 1980, which was later turned into a Levi's Jeans commercial, so I hope you see my point. Thanks for understanding, stay blessed and stay safe! Any and all help will be greatly appreciated with the understanding that an NDA must be agreed to be signed beforehand. Be well...
I'd love to be able to participate and help! The only thing is that I am from Argentina, but if I could be of any help, I'd gladly do my best to assist you!

In the past months, I have seen many passionate and creative fellows on the forums, from script writers and music composers to cinematographers and I am confident that they could be able to help more than me with what you need. I wish you good luck with your project! It saddens me however that people steal the ideas of others rather than have their own ideas in such a creative industry as filmmaking. You should ask to sign an NDA before talking about your project in details to prevent this from happening in the future.

Hello @Kevstar,

I would love to be apart of this project in any way shape or form! Admittedly I do not think I can be a huge help on the pre-production side. However, I would be a great contribution to the documentary should any additional hands/help be needed during filming and/or editing!

- Logan

I'd LOVE to learn more about online funding, as I am going to have to put together funds for production.

Network Sponsors

Back