Mosquitow : A musical short film

Swati Panda

Name
Swati Panda
Date
17 October 2023
So this film "Mosquitow" came out of my own experience of dealing with negativity in life and mosquitoes are a menace in my city also. My dad had got a mosquito bat recently which is his prized possession. I wanted to experiment some new RGB lights I got, so I have tried red, pink, green, blue light. I tried using color lights thro a mosquito net and it gave an awesome look. It was just pure experimentation.

I also tried a new French girl look with short hairstyle and eyeliner which I had seen in many Godard movies and other French cinema. I had been learning photoshop recently and in India we have our Goddess Durga with multiple hands who defeats enemies with her multiple weapons. So I thought why not use that in my film poster. It took me one day to design the poster checking multiple youtube videos. Because I am just recently learning. A pro will do faster. I took separate pics of two hands holding two things in different positions standing at the exact same place and then added them as three diff layers in photoshop.

I named the film Mosqui tow where tow means pulling vehicles with a rope; so its about pulling yourself out from negativity, no matter how bad it is. So Voila! A juxtaposition of ideas floating in my head came out as a beautiful short film. I hope people get inspired that we should shut negative thoughts in our head and just be happy.

Last edited:
I can relate so much to this story!

Network Sponsors

Back