Making a Viral video

Kathy

Hi there Folks!

Glad there are forums such as these out here. Going straight into the matter, I've been planning to shoot a short film, the scripting for the same have been going on for like 4 months now. Finally I've everything set up, the scripting is done, casting is done, location and schedule is fixed. In today's world where every other person comes up with a short film, I'm trying to hold my own. How do videos actually go viral? Is there a specific marketing technique behind it? Suppose if it was an advertisement or a song, I would understand. But how does a short film become a massive hit? I'm sure mine has the potential to do awesome, but somewhere I fear that it would go unnoticed in the ocean of internet. I read through a lot of places, spoke to many regarding the same but it would be great to get some personalized information from my peers. Waiting for your responses.

Source: http://mjmmedia.com/how-to-make-your-video-go-viral/

I was going to a do a little piece on viral videos but I think a rather more qualified and more respected filmmaker has done a way better job

And if you don't want to sit through the video the short answer is no, no one can make a viral video. You can just make a good video, focus on that. I can't wait to see the finished project! make sure you post it.

Paul

Ah sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. Thats Casey Neistat a New York filmmaker - I didn't make that video. I just remember seeing this video a while ago about Viral Videos and thought it might be useful for Kathy.

Check his channel, I think his hardware is listed on there somewhere. He's pretty much the dawn of internet short film. He got his first viral video before Youtube, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram existed.

Hi!

There are tons of aspects that go into making a viral video. The key is to do as much research as you can. (This doesn't mean only reading articles online, but also watching and studying viral videos, reading the studies and research of others, and talking with others and learning from their experiences [such as on this forum ;-)] in addition to reading and applying valuable articles.)

For now, I can share with you this one article I recently read just about title creation when it comes to viral videos: https://valoso.com/blog/creating-viral-video-titles/

Don't neglect aspects like the title, SEO, call to action, video length, and promotion when it comes to viral video making--it's not just about the video!

Did you enter our Summer Shorts video contest? The deadline's extended and we're accepting videos through Oct 15. The winners will be announced and screened at NAB New York, Create FWD Stage on Oct. 18th, with screenings of the winning films. If you have any videos that you'd like to submit (video entry must be 7 minutes or less), it's free to enter when you post a link from our contest site to your twitter or facebook, there are wonderful prizes from our sponsors, and you have a chance to screen at NAB NY. Here's the contest site and community: http://www.summershortscontest.com

Network Sponsors

Back