Looking for Location in NY/NJ

J

JIJ NYC

Hi -

I'm in pre-production on an independant DV feature. I have two scenes in a bar/restaurant and am looking for a bar/restaurant in the NYC or northern NJ that would be willing to let me shoot for perhaps two eight hour shoots. I'm certainly willing to go in there during after hours.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Try writing a letter

Try writing a letter

You might try writing clubs and restaurants letters and sending them snail mail and e-mailing clubs and restaurants to see if you can find a place. Will you give them a thank you in the credits? You might tell them this if it is so. If I see or hear of anything I will let you know.

Truly
Kim

club house of an apartment building

club house of an apartment building

Another possibility is to use a club house of an apartment building. It should not be too hard to make it look like a club or restaurant. I know Normandy court at 95th and third has a large club house on the 34 floor with a bar and tables and chairs. I am sure most apartment buildings have something like this. You might check with your friends who live in the city or again try trading credits and thank you in the movie credits. With a little creative work and the right lighting I am sure you can create the atmosphere of a club or restaurant from one of these kinds of locations.

Network Sponsors

Back