Looking for a film DIRECTOR in the NYC metro area

4horrorfilms

Looking for a DIRECTOR for a low/micro budget horror film ($80k approx.) to be shot as soon as the director and technical crew is found, funding has already been secured. There will be minimal compensation, but this is a great opportunity to establish a relationship with an active production company since we are planning to produce 2-3 more films this year (hopefully with slightly bigger budgets) and we are looking for talent to work with on a regular basis.

Production is set in the NY metro area, will consider talent from all areas and backgrounds but will not pay for relocation/hotel (unless we consider the director’s skills unique).

Film will be shot with one (most likely) HD pro-type cam (Pan HDX900 or similar), but lighting, photography and camera movements/angles must be film quality, therefore, both film and HD experience is a plus.

Director with editing abilities/capabilities is also a plus and if you can bring/recommend a quality DP and gaffer willing to work with our budget, you will be on top of our list!

Overall, we are looking for an innovative, tech-savvy director that knows how to tell a quality horror story with limited resources. Students, music video and TV commercial directors/DPs are also welcomed.

Please send me links to your reel demos at

euphoriahorror2008@yahoo.com

I must SEE you work in order to consider you. I prefer to see full shorts or excerpts of your film/short (2-3 min) rather than trailers. Trailers do not show your story telling abilities.

Thanks in advance for your interest!

Network Sponsors

Back