jodymichelle

Staff member
Check out this inspiring screenwriting article before you start your writing session this morning. ☀️ :coffee:

Humorously Said:
A Look Into "Pirates of the Caribbean"

By David Landau

Ted Elliot & Terry Rossio’s screenplay for the hit film, “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,” crosses genres and challenges convention. Most people wouldn’t think a pirate, adventure, romantic comedy, supernatural horror film would work, much less attempt writing one. One of the things that stood out for me about their screenplay was how they utilized humor within the writing style of the script to establish the tone and allow the reader to experience the enjoyable ride they wanted the film to become. The screenplay I read was an early draft and several changes were made before the final shooting script, but in a way, it is the earliest draft that is the most important – as it is the first one that people read.

Continue reading, here's the link >>
Humorously Said | A Look Into Pirates of the Caribbean

Pirates-of-the-Caribbean.jpg

A very inspiring article! The script was the foundation of a successful movie and the little details that we end up seeing through character's action set the vibe :) As a child, I loved this movie, I believe I saw it over 20 times by now and a few phrases remained with me to this day.

Network Sponsors

Back