Kodak is cutting more jobs

Kim Welch

Staff member
I just heard on the radio that Kodak is cutting more jobs at a total of 30,000. They say it is restructuring but I wonder how much of that is spin. What do you think the digital wave of advances has done to the bottom line for film companies? Also, I wonder how much money was spent on film year after year and what the number looks like over the last 20 years or so. I am trying to get them to advertise with us. if you know anyone there let me know. seems film for movies will be around for a long long time and there should be a lot of things that researchers can do with the chemicals. maybe even some kind of cyborg thing or chemical/electronic or chemitronic. i don't know but i don't think it is at it's limitations or really pushing the envelope. do you?

The next big thing is Polaroid Motion Picture film! After shooting, just unload the mag, and shake the film around to process it! No more waiting for dailies to get back from the lab! It's genious.

(yes, I am making this up, btw, in case anyone wasn't sure)

Seriously though, I agree, film will still be around for a while. There's still way too amny DP's that don't want to shoot digital. I think the only impact will be in 16, since a lot of independent films, which would normally shoot 16, are moving to digital to saev money.

Personally I don't know anyone who's shot 16mm in the last five years: it's all been either 35mm or DV... and now either 35mm or HDV.

have the Price Points for film dropped

have the Price Points for film dropped

have the Price Points for film dropped in the last 20 years or are they about the same?

Network Sponsors

Back