Is it possible to make a short film by yourself nobody will help me

AnonMale1997

I am William and I'm am 19 year old film student at a tech center and attending community college in the fall because I want to be a film director and screenwriter in the future, each of us got to pitch a short film idea my idea was about two girls getting lost in the woods and running away from a cult, my idea was rejected in favor of three one about a superhero and one about time travel (both unoriginal ideas) and a movie about the grim reaper while those three students get everything on a silver platter I got to pay money if mine wants to get made, money I don't have, we film during class time with professional actors and I give them my script but they don't want to do it mainly because the little money to no money I will pay them so using actors is a no, my classmates won't help me because they have jobs or stuff outside of school which is understandable but I always make time to help my classmates and yet they won't help me, I thought we were suppose to help each other so now I don't have a crew, my friends and family won't help my because they have jobs and stuff and don't have the time to help me out and they don't want to act in it and are clueless on how to work the equipment, so now I guess I have to make short films with just me in it and doing everything so the only equipment I have is a canon rebel t5i an external mic, no microphones (can't afford them), and iMovie so I can't do split edits so I am at a loss of how to get actors and a crew for free now because I can't act in because I'm a male and it wouldn't make much sense, so any advice on how I can do it.

Hi William, welcome to the forums! The short answer is no. Although there is such a thing as a one-man-band, you need a crew. Perhaps this is a good opportunity to practice ways of collaborating and finding people to work with. Let me know what you think?

Network Sponsors

Back