Interview Lighting, Softbox & Reflector Advice Needed

milkyc

Hi,

I will be filming some interviews this weekend which are personal recollections from the past.

Please could someone advise me the best way to light my subjects to create a less-corporate look and to create something more warmer without losing too much loss of light to help maintain video quality.

~~~~~~~~~~

The equipment I have:

CANON XM2/GL2 CAMERA

2 X 40cmX60cm SOFTBOXES WITH (2x 125w 5400k ra>90 daylight bulbs)

1 X SILVER/GOLD REFLECTOR
KIT REFLECTOR + STAND DYNASUN RE2018 SILVER/GOLD 70x110 on eBay (end time 18-Dec-10 15:27:47 GMT)

1 X SMALL PAR SPOT

~~~~~~~~~~

Any advice/techniques are more then welcome.

This will be filmed within a hotel's meeting room which I'm guessing (but not yet checked) will be quite clean/white/brightly lit before my lighting is added/replaced.

Many thanks in advance

Mike

lighting

lighting

I am sorry it took me so long to answer and that no one else answered you.
Depends on what you want the interview to feel like and how many cameras you are using. Also, the natural light and practical light available and what kind of control you want to have.
You can use basic three point lighting a key light, fill light and a back light or rim light. Here is a decent little video of this. http://www.ehow.com/video_4943587_indoor-lighting-video-interview.html
I have seen video where the subjects are lit systematically step off and use two key lights at a 45 degree angles. This works but is not as creative.
depends on what you want to accomplish.

Network Sponsors

Back