Internet Broadcasting

Kim Welch

Staff member
Still the subject of Internet Broadcasting is a hot topic. So many questions and concerns about how to do it come and go. What kind of work flow works best? What kinds of technology to use? What techniques are still important and what does not work in the most practical sense. Do you use cloud technology? Is Youtube a viable means for distribution? Does twitter have anything to do with it? :)

On another note, I remember someone saying something that related to the quality being lost because we have so many people that can create a movie now and upload it online. Think about the millions of people that have a pencils and paper but we don't' have millions of Hemingway's, Faulkner's or Capote's. Some people have talent for motion picture making and many don't. In the long run even those who to still have to learn from the masters, find their voice and polish techniques to make the movies that will really inspire, give insight and move us.

Last edited:
I hope it's ok i reply to my own thread. i was thinking again about the passion it takes to stay at it and keep going and work at it after a failure or not meeting expectations of others. That is also something important. Without passion you won't lug that camera with you everywhere. You won't lug equipment up a hill in the cold pouring rain. With enough passion anything is possible. I was telling Roy Wagner, ASC about a guy that was very passionate about movie making and he said something clever which he often does. He said, "... it is like a little boy talking about his firetruck. He said, we want to find our firetruck in life. Love doing whatever work you do and you will be happier in life.

Also, don't let any of those mean dirty hateful jealous back stabbing people take your firetruck! :)

i apologize for going off topic a little but i thought it was important.

Last edited:
I had visited all your social website pages..they are awesome and i like the way you interact with your friends and replies them. wishing you all the best in your future. God Bless!!!!!

Network Sponsors

Back