Improve Your Short Film With An AI Avatar

Maura N.

The Last Black Unicorn
As we head into 2023, the development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has opened new doors for filmmakers of all types. This technology can come in handy especially for students who wish to create short documentary videos, because they can use a realistic model that uses the text to speech technology, called an “AI Avatar”. This model can be placed alongside or in front of different types of video footage, the only barrier being the creativity of the student.

What is an AI Avatar?

An AI Avatar is an artificial intelligence powered 3D model that talks, behaves and looks like a real human being. The AI Avatar is capable of maintaining eye contact with its viewers and has a friendly and energetic manner of speaking out loud the text that you input. The technology behind the AI Avatars is based on machine learning algorithm, which allows them to render in real time photorealistic avatars. The machine learning algorithms are constantly learning and evolving from massive amounts of data, which are later used to improve their human-like behaviour.

Aside from a complex machine learning algorithm and very advanced 3D modelling, AI Avatars also use NLP (Natural Language Processing) to better process voice commands and NLG (Natural Language Generation) to improve their speech ability.

This technology can also be used in Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) and provide an immersive experience to its users. The big companies Meta (formerly known as Faceboo) and Microsoft have already announced that they will create a VR space which will allow users to conduct meetings using avatars. In the near future, Meta has announced the launch of Metaverse, a 3D virtual world where users can use their 3D avatars. Because of this, it is safe to assume that AI Avatars could grow in popularity and those who will start using this technology now can gain a competitive advantage in front of those who don’t.

How Can You Improve Your Short Film With An AI Avatar?

Currently, AI Avatars are used in eCommerce, Customer Service and Gaming, however, their application is not limited to these fields. If you do not have a big budget to hire professional actors, AI Avatars can be the perfect fit for your short film!

1. Documentary Short Films

You can use an AI Avatar to create a documentary short film. The avatar can stand in front of your video and present the course of events that will unfold in front of the viewer.

2. Commercials

The AI Avatar can be used in a commercial. You can film the product that you wish to present and the AI can do the talking in a professional manner.

3. Vlogs

If you wish to tell the story of your life through Vlogs, but you do not wish to expose yourself or show your face, you can use an AI Avatar to do so. You can also create professional Behind The Scenes (BTS) videos.

What are your thoughts on AI Avatars?

I am not a good actor, I am camera shy. I can only imagine how easy it would be for me to just use an AI Avatar for my Assignments at Uni.

Network Sponsors

Back