How'd they do that?

Zagorchinov

I was watching "Minority Report" again and again these days, analyzing the lighting and the camera movement.

One thing that I haven't thought about until now is the shot in which the camera moves up from a macro shot of an eye to an almost wide shot with the whole body.

I am wondering if this is a digitally married shot or just a crane shot with perfect choreography, composition and focus movement.

In case of the second variant, it's intresting to know what lens is used and how is the speed achieved.

Anyone know something about this?

Thank you.

It is probably almost certainly a digital composition at some point as you suggest or at least 2 shots spliced with digital stuff in between in the same sort of idea as a swish cut. Which shot was it?

I think it's the first shot in the precog temple after the opening credits. The precog visions suddenly cut to the blinking eye of Aghata filling the whole frame then whoop! crane up and the camera now shows the body of Agatha in the white liquid. She then says "murder".

I think there is at least one more shot with same move but don't remember where it was in the movie.

Network Sponsors

Back