How do you Inject Personality into your Brand?

Good Morning Baris,

It's about 5:45am CST here so I'll just ping back the first thing that pops into my mind.

A mind's eye glance into the shifts of the Information Age to Web 2.0 and social media, I think it's interesting how filmmakers and creatives today do talk about things such as personal and professional branding. Maybe 20 years ago, for example, branding was a foreign language to many people outside the marketing profession. But now in 2021, if anyone is going to start any kind of web presence even in the simplest form (example: basic filmmaker portfolio site), one of the first important things brought to the conceptualization phase whether the person likes it or not is -- brand, personal branding, professional branding. It's early in the morning so my inner child is telling silly jokes to myself before coffee: there are many young creative, talented kids these days who know more about Web 2.0 applications than their parents, and at their ages, do discuss things such as personal branding. (These are creative kids interested in content creation in different forms: film, video, animation, video game development, music.) Where the busy artist (adult) might first balk at the idea of defining their personal brand. But I apologize these are stereotypes. And not everyone is like this of course.

Okay, going to brew first pot of coffee before I begin to quietly ponder Web 3.0...

Too late...

-

There are many ways. You can start by giving your brand a story. By telling a story, we put our mark on our brand. The way we tell the story is another part of our personality. We can then make custom campaigns that accentuate our story. Set values. Highlight the things that make us different and shine in front of our competitors. :)

You can do this by doing something that defines your personality into your brand. For example if you are a cheerful person, make a cheerful brand. If you are a serious person...a serious brand :D

There are many ways. You can start by giving your brand a story. By telling a story, we put our mark on our brand. The way we tell the story is another part of our personality. We can then make custom campaigns that accentuate our story. Set values. Highlight the things that make us different and shine in front of our competitors. :)
Thanks for your response.
This is too common, it would be helpful if you can suggest me something Trending

Good Morning Baris,

It's about 5:45am CST here so I'll just ping back the first thing that pops into my mind.

A mind's eye glance into the shifts of the Information Age to Web 2.0 and social media, I think it's interesting how filmmakers and creatives today do talk about things such as personal and professional branding. Maybe 20 years ago, for example, branding was a foreign language to many people outside the marketing profession. But now in 2021, if anyone is going to start any kind of web presence even in the simplest form (example: basic filmmaker portfolio site), one of the first important things brought to the conceptualization phase whether the person likes it or not is -- brand, personal branding, professional branding. It's early in the morning so my inner child is telling silly jokes to myself before coffee: there are many young creative, talented kids these days who know more about Web 2.0 applications than their parents, and at their ages, do discuss things such as personal branding. (These are creative kids interested in content creation in different forms: film, video, animation, video game development, music.) Where the busy artist (adult) might first balk at the idea of defining their personal brand. But I apologize these are stereotypes. And not everyone is like this of course.

Okay, going to brew first pot of coffee before I begin to quietly ponder Web 3.0...

Too late...

-
Have one more cup of coffee from my side:coffee:(y)

Thanks for your response.
This is too common, it would be helpful if you can suggest me something Trending
Start a tik tok account if you are looking to be trending :)

Do You Have tik tok account??
You asked me about trending, and I recommended you something that is trending :)
And to answer your question, I have an account on most social networks from the internet. I even wrote a book about social media marketing a few years ago and I am always studying new platforms as they emerge. :)

You asked me about trending, and I recommended you something that is trending :)
And to answer your question, I have an account on most social networks from the internet. I even wrote a book about social media marketing a few years ago and I am always studying new platforms as they emerge. :)
Thank you very much for your response

First, you need to define your brand's personality because just like you, so does your brand, it has a unique personality. Do you have a classy brand? A youthful one? What is your target audience and who are you? After this, you need to understand your audience. Also, use first person when addressing your audience.

First, you need to define your brand's personality because just like you, so does your brand, it has a unique personality. Do you have a classy brand? A youthful one? What is your target audience and who are you? After this, you need to understand your audience. Also, use first person when addressing your audience.
I really appreciate your valuable response. Can you please elaborate it a bit in a step by step manner?

Good Morning!
Adding to discussion..
Related to Branding is Self-Marketing..
As it relates to filmmakers, writers, directors, creatives..

This is an educational article written by Carole M. Kirschner.

Breaking into Hollywood:
The Five Things You MUST Have in Order to Succeed

She lists and touches upon 5 Important Things...

What's interesting and what reminded me of your forum thread here is her #4 and #5 points..

#4) Personal Mission Statement / Game Plan

I meet a lot of people that are totally committed to being successful in Hollywood, but aren’t nice humans. You’ve heard the tales. You’ve seen the characters in TV shows and movies. There will be times and situations where you’ll feel like, “I gotta get this job or else!” or “I gotta meet this person or else!” not caring how you do it or who you hurt in the process.

But I believe it’s just as important for you to be a whole, balanced human being. Creating a personal mission statement will help you see that whether or not you land this one job, or meet this specific person, you’re building a career and are in it for the long haul. Who are you at the end of it matters.

#5) Really Smart Self-Marketing

Having a smart self-marketing plan means having the ability to talk about yourself in such a way that people not only get excited about you and your work but also want to hire or help you. The whole thing might sound a little forced and fake, but the truth is, when you do it right — it will be authentic to the real you, and it makes the real you stand out from the crowd. Being memorable means staying on people’s radar (which is extremely important), so when they have a job to fill or they hear about one, you’ll be the one they contact to come in. The three things you need in your arsenal to create a smart self-marketing plan:
  • Your Personal Logline
  • Your Personal A-Story
  • Your Anecdotes or Story
Regarding personal logline, in the article, she writes:

Which of these people makes you want to know more about them?

(A) “I graduated from college two years ago. I’m not sure what I want to do. Maybe be a cameraman or a director. I made a few student films, but I’m just not sure.”

(B) “I’m an aspiring writer. Even though I’m just out of college, I know I like to write dark crime dramas. I guess it’s because half my family are cops…and the other half are criminals.”

It's better to read the full article.
Here is the link:

Enjoy!

Discuss here if you'd like!

☀️:coffee:

Network Sponsors

Back