HD editing news

I think that at moment you need to buy expensive plugins for any software you want to use to edit HDV: though since the cameras are only just being released that's not a big deal. Of the programs I've used, Premiere Pro is probably going to be the first on the market that can edit HDV natively, Adobe are supposed to be shipping it real soon if it's not going out already.

Not sure when the Avid support is supposed to come out, but I'm sure they won't want to be too far behind Adobe.

Avid's Express Studio Suite with HD caps and Adobe's latest Video Collection Suite with HD caps are expected to ship sometime this month, whereas Apple's Final Cut Pro HD is already available as a free upgrade from version 4, and Sony's Vegas 5 is also available. All of these announcements were made at NAB, including Apple's new Motion Program, and plans to add the same ultra fast cluster rendering engine that's in Apple's Shake to all of Apple's video editing apps across the board.
Also, I recently read a pretty good article in Videosystems Magazine that compared Avid's new Suite to Adobe's, and even though Avid's suite is pricey, it had some really good things going for it, not to mention that if you're a student you can get quite a bit knocked off of the price tag, but even with the student discount, it costs nearly twice as much as Adobe's suite with the student discount...

mainconcept (www.mainconcept.com) has an outstanding hd plugin that does all hd editing from all stream captures and will actually output to quality as high as 1920x1080p!!! and here's the next coolest thing about it. The plug in is only $350.00!!! I've used it for the past week, and it hella rips through hd video. definitely recomment the plugin for premiere pro.

Network Sponsors

Back