Groundhog Day

Kim Welch

Staff member
I like the movie Groundhog day. The cinematographer is John Baily. He was the cinematographer that did "he's just not that into you" as well. Groundhog Day is well done. if you have not seen it i suggest you watch it. let me know what you think.

I like the movie Groundhog day. The cinematographer is John Baily. He was the cinematographer that did "he's just not that into you" as well. Groundhog Day is well done. if you have not seen it i suggest you watch it. let me know what you think.
This is a favorite that I've watched many times.
Cinematography in Groundhog Day was unobtrusive, natural, pleasing, with well-motivated lighting.
There was ample inclusion of practicals in the interiors, which were usually warm and charming, with some colorful detailing and costumes.
The day exteriors mostly were under a grey sky and seemed appropriately soft and even, although the crowds and characters stood out well from the background.
The snowman scene at night in the park had the subjects appearing to be side-lit by streetlights, although there was good fill.
There was not what looked like Hollywood lighting on the characters, but Andie MacDowell seemed to be getting a lot of radiant beauty shots.
In summary, its look was natural, well motivated but eye candy just the same.

Network Sponsors

Back