Good Lighting in the Dark

B

bhess171

I am currently shooting my first film and am preparing to shoot a scene outside and in the dark and I was wondering if anyone had a good tip for lighting.

The shot I need will be across about a 10 foot driveway with the camera at one end and an actor at the other. I just want to shoot the actor approaching the driveway and briefly pausing before head slowly walks toward the camera.
I really like the look the night provides, as Im shooting a horror film, but at the same time I obviously have to see the actor as well. Making matters a little more difficult it the fact that there is very little finacial flexability...the cheaper the better.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Do you have access to some HMI's? Blast a 1200k to make it look like moonlight from one end being careful to filter out any unwanted light from the subject using outside decor such as trees or lamp post.

houseofwolves said:
Do you have access to some HMI's? Blast a 1200k to make it look like moonlight from one end being careful to filter out any unwanted light from the subject using outside decor such as trees or lamp post.

a 1200k? I'll assume that's a typo. I think he means a 1.2k, or 1200Watt HMI.

^^1200k...lol yes that was a typo. I meant at 1200watt, at least at 5500k - there that's better.... :wink:

Thanks for the suggestion...I will be using it tonight and hopefully it works!

Network Sponsors

Back