Free tips and advise for Screenwriting

cdclark

Hello All,

Just wanted to share with you the following link that could be of interest, this is for a free ebook which is written by Glynn Turner who has written for UK TV and Movie productions and is now trying to break into Hollywood! This isnt some overhyped ebook that promises untold fame and riches and is merely a guide to assist with certain aspect of screenwriting such as - Characters, Storylines, Correct Formatting and First Drafts only a few of the areas it covers.

In Glynns own words:

Now, I’d like to be totally upfront and mention that I’m not pretending to be Quentin Tarantino or James Cameron here. So far, I’ve not sold a single word, but I certainly intend to. And so far, through my time in Hollywood, I’ve read thousands of scripts through working for various producers, and I’ve certainly learned what studios and production companies look for
when they’re searching for movie projects.

I have, “optioned”, a few scripts, which means a Producer has paid me a sum of money to hold onto the legal rights of the script that I wrote, for a certain amount of time. And in that time period, he’ll try and set up the movie. If that time period
expires and he hasn’t managed to set up the movie for production, that means I get the rights back and can put my script back on the market for other companies and producers.

I’ve also started writing and directing short films, and the knowledge that I’ve learned from writing screenplays has greatly helped me in directing my actors and giving them interesting dialog to say. But directing is a different machine to writing and that’s another story.

This eBook is free, and my sole intention is to pass on the tips and tricks that I’ve learned about screenwriting over the last ten years, and to really help bridge the gap for the absolute beginner, something that would’ve helped me when I first started.

I hope this ebook is of use and if not then apologies.

Thanks.

Please ignore this thread as it was duplicated in error. Please can the Administrators delete this as I am unable to.

Thanks.

Network Sponsors

Back