The Last Black Unicorn
FREE Live Webinar – Storyboard Success: Navigating Hollywood, Film, and Animation With Anthony Sturmas Veteran Hollywood Storyboard Artist and Industry Innovator
FREE Membership and Premium Membership levels both include discounts on webinars, free webinars (for select virtual education sessions), and much more. Explore membership opportunities. Click here.
Navigating Hollywood, Film, and Animation
With Anthony Sturmas
Veteran Hollywood Storyboard Artist and Industry Innovator
WHEN: Friday, February 9, 2024, 10:00am PST to 11:15am PST (California time).Whether you’re aiming to become a storyboard artist or simply need to work with storyboards in your role, this webinar offers valuable insights and practical advice.
Date: Friday, February 9, 2024
Time: 10:00am PST to 11:15am PST (California time)
Duration: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Hosted by: StudentFilmmakers.com
Location: Online via Zoom
Cost to Attend: FREE for ALL Members of StudentFilmmakers.com.
Want a FREE Membership?
Click here for a FREE Membership.
Want a Premium Membership?
Click here for a Premium Membership.
What You Will Learn:
- Breaking Into Hollywood:
- Strategies for building your network, including creating a Hollywood rolodex.
- Essential tips on making a strong first impression in the industry.
- Professional Portfolio Preparation:
- How to develop and present a compelling portfolio and website.
- Key elements that make your work stand out to industry professionals.
- Understanding Industry Expectations:
- Insights into what to anticipate post-graduation in the storyboard field.
- Navigating the competitive landscape of the film and animation industry.
- Daily Skill Development:
- Importance of consistent practice to refine your storyboarding skills.
- Recognizing the high demand for storyboard artists and staying competitive.
- Essential Tools and Software:
- Guidance on the most effective and industry-standard software for storyboarding.
- Understanding the technical requirements of the profession.
- Storyboarding in Feature Films and Animation:
- Specific techniques and practices unique to storyboarding for feature films.
- The distinct approaches required for animation storyboarding.
- This might include topics like the stylistic differences between storyboarding for live-action feature films versus animated productions, the varying demands of these two sectors, and specific skills or techniques valuable in each area.
- Collaboration and Communication Skills:
- How to effectively work and communicate with filmmakers and other crew members.
- Understanding the role of storyboards in the broader context of film production.
Valued Webinar Feedback
- “These webinars are uplifting and help to build community among filmmakers. It’s wonderful to take part in them and to have access to those with experience willing to share their knowledge and bring people up with them. Thank you so much.”
-Valued Attendee Feedback
About Our Speaker, Instructor and MentorAnthony Sturmas began his career as a graffiti artist in Los Angeles and Long Beach, California, in the early 1980s. He was inspired to get into storytelling and comics soon after, and in the late ’90s, he received a Marvel Comics Scholarship to The Kubert School, located in Dover, New Jersey. Instead of taking advantage of that scholarship, however, he chose to stay on the West Coast and began knocking on the doors of businesses in Los Angeles and painting murals throughout the city.
He has worked in commercial arts and entertainment as a fulltime storyboard artist over twenty-four years, creating storyboards and previsualization for feature films, commercials as well as medical visuals.
In 2006 Anthony Sturmas began teaching a pilot program at USC, received my BFS in Multimedia Animation from The Art Institute of Los Angeles CA, in 2006, won a scholarship to the prestigious Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California, where he was formally trained by Marc Stricland (Advanced Illustration).
In Los Angeles Anthony Sturmas has had the honor to work with some of best entertainment companies and film directors, such as Twitch Prime (Amazon), Nickelodeon, ATT, Sprint, Toyota, Boy Boy West Coast, Meital Dohan, Wyclef Jean, the legendary Iggy Pop (Unagi Commercial/Director Daniel Benhamo), and (POTC) Pirates of the Caribbean for Pretty Little Liars, director Steven Kiefer.
“Other film directors I have worked with from the movie Sharknado director Anthony Ferrante for ‘Hello Hero’, The Inhabitant directed by Jerren Lauder, Wages of Sin directed by Viktor Rios starring Danny Trejo and ‘Z Dead End’ by director Robert Restro as the senior storyboard artist starring Kane Hodder and Robert LaSardo, ‘ENOUGH’ with director Michele LaBrrucherie as the senior storyboard artist 2022.”
He’s known among many industry directors for delivering visuals so fast with unexpectedly high detailed storyboards.