Foreign working in USA

camilatorti

Hello, I'm a filmmaking student from Argentina. My dream has always been to work in the movie industry but as in my country is not a very developed one, I am planning on trying luck someplace else. As my English is not bad and USA's movie industry is huge I though it'd be a nice place to start but i don't know what's the situation for foreign people with little experience in job hunting. Is it a good idea? Should i try someplace else or first get more experience in my country and then leave?

Right now things are slowly coming back to life here in New York City. However, when things are going again I think it's a great place to find work in the entertainment industry.

Connections are everything. You must determine the filmmakers you admire and attempt to contact them. Seldom will you get hired beyond a production assistant but the key is to be seen and to make a favorable impression. It can take a long time to move past production assistant. That is a built in part of the process that helps weed out the fully ambitious from those who give up easily. It’s a tough business but if you survive and develop good connections you will begin to grow into the area of expertise you desire.

Network Sponsors

Back