filmosity Intro

F

Filmosity

Hi everyone,

I heard about Student Filmmakers at the DV Expo East this past summer. I've already posted a few times on this forum, but I thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Chris, but most people call me Cavs. I'm a freelance grip/gaffer/AC/cameraman and video editor working in the New York City area. I've been here a little over a year. I'm struggling financially, but I love the work I do, and can't wait to do more. Before I moved here from Connecticut, I worked at ESPN as a Duplication Technician. Not glorious work, but a definite learning experience. It was my first job out of college. That was three years ago. Amazing how far I've come since then.

Most importantly, i'm a filmmaker. I aspire to become a cinematographer. My goal is to be successful, and my dream is to earn membership in the ASC. I love everything about this business, but my passion is in the camera. I love cameras. I love the feeling of seeing the image I see in the viewfinder materialize on screen (or paper, in still photography).

I'm currently working on my first short since graduating college. I'll be shooting it this weekend. Unfortunately, due to copyright issues, I probably won't be able to show it anywhere. However, I am planning on shooting another short in the spring.

Well, I guess that's it for me. Thanks for the great resource that is Student Filmmakers.

Network Sponsors

Back